A vegan, gluten-free no-cook tomato sauce with summer vegetables.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 16- oz package of linguini fini or linguini or spaghetti
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved, then placed in a bowl and sprinkled with some salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 3/4 cup almonds toasted in the microwave for three minutes. Spread on a microwave-safe dish, zap for two minutes on high, then stir and zap for another minute.
- 1 cup basil leaves cut into ribbons
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic chopped
Cook the pasta in salted water per package directions until al dente.
Place the almonds, large tomato, garlic, red pepper flakes, almonds and half the basil in a food processor and process into a coarse paste.
In a large bowl, mix the pasta, almond-tomato paste, extra virgin olive oil, the remaining basil, zucchini, and the cherry tomatoes.
Add more salt if needed and serve.