Stir-Fried Black Bean Noodles in an Orange Sauce
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 oz black bean spaghetti noodles (use another kind of noodle or spaghetti if you'd rather or if you don't get this where you live) Break the noodles into 2-inch pieces and cook according to package directions. Breaking the noodles helps with mixing the noodles into the vegetables later.
- 3 carrots, cut into thick sticks
- 3 cups of button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 vegan sausages, optional, cut into 1-cm rings or crumbled
- 1- inch knob of ginger, minced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce or any hot sauce
- Salt to taste
Mix together the orange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.
In a wok, heat the oil. Add the onions, carrots and green beans and cook, stirring all the time, until the vegetables are slightly tender but still have a bite. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for a minute.
Add the ginger and garlic, stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the cooked noodles.
Stir-fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently with tongs or a ladle. Add the orange-soy sauce mixture and sausage, if using. Mix well, turn off he heat, and serve hot.
Calories: 295kcal | Protein: 33.7g | Fiber: 14.2g