Servings: 6 servings
- 3 rhubarb stalks, ends trimmed and stalks chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apple or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split in the middle and seeds removed, or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2- 1 cup confectioners' or powdered sugar, use more or less based on your taste and the tartness of the rhubarb
- 1 tsp agar powder mixed with 2 tbsp hot water, optional
Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the apple or cranberry juice. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook about five minutes or until the rhubarb is really soft and mushy.
Place the rhubarb with the juice and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blitz until really smooth and airy, about 2 minutes.
Put the mousse into serving bowls and chill before serving.
Calories: 208kcal | Protein: 0.7g | Fat: 4.9g | Fiber: 1g