Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked per package directions until al dente
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne, use paprika for less heat
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil and add the onions with a pinch of salt.
Saute the onions, stirring frequently, until they caramelize and turn golden-brown. About halfway through, add the garlic and let it also cook with the onions.
Place the onion and garlic mixture in the bowl of a food processor or blender along with the avocado, cilantro, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Process until you have a fairly smooth sauce. It will have a pesto-like consistency.
Remove the guacamole sauce to a bowl, add the cooked pasta, and toss well to mix.
Calories: 303kcal | Protein: 8.2g | Fiber: 5.2g