Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Banana Cupcakes Makes 12 cupcakes
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- For the Banana Cupcakes:
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup of mashed , very ripe bananas (2 large bananas. If you want an intense banana flavor, use 1 1/2 cups of banana puree-- about 3 large bananas-- and reduce the amount of nondairy milk to 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup nondairy milk , like almond or soy
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 rd cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 tbsp vegan butter , like Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Make the Banana Cupcakes:
Sift together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
Pour the well-mixed ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Divide the batter equally between the cups. Smooth down the tops and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove the cupcakes to a rack, let them cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then unmold and let them cool completely on the rack. These cupcakes are gorgeously golden.
Make the Peanut Butter Frosting:
Cream together the peanut butter, vegan butter, and coconut oil until they are smooth and fluffy, about two minutes.
Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix well after each addition. If the frosting is too stiff, you can add a little more coconut oil.
Frost the cupcakes once they have cooled completely.