Thai-Style Peanut And Sweet Potato Curry
Thai-style Peanut and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 cup peanuts , boiled until tender (I do this in a pressure cooker, but you can just as easily boil them on the stovetop after covering them with water.)
- 1 tsp canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled then diced into small pieces
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves , whole. If using regular spinach, chop into strips.
- 1/4 cup
- Thai red curry paste
- (I reserve about a tablespoon to stir in at the end of cooking-- it gives a real flavor wallop)
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and the Thai red curry paste and stir together until they are well mixed and fragrant.
Add the sweet potatoes and some of the water from boiling the peanuts or, if you don't have any remaining, just add 1/4 cup of water.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let the sweet potatoes cook until tender.
Add the peanuts with 1 cup of the water they were boiled in (use regular water if you don't have enough). Add salt and stir well. Now add the spinach and the remaining curry paste. Turn off heat when the spinach just wilts--don't cook it too long because you don't want the spinach to turn too soft.
Serve hot with the cracked wheat upma.