Chinese Fried Rice
A delicious vegetarian Chinese fried rice recipe
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 cups boiled short-grain rice (the rice has to be at least a day old)
- 1 cup carrots , cut into thin strips, about 1-inch long
- 1 large green bell pepper , cut into thin strips, about 1-inch long
- 1 cup green beans , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 4-5 scallions or spring onions , greens cut into 1-inch pieces and whites sliced
- 5 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame or canola or other vegetable oil
- In a bowl , mix together:
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce like Sriracha
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger , grated
Heat the oil in a wok or a large skillet with sides that taper out.
Over high heat, add the onions and stir for a minute. Add the garlic, stir for 10 seconds, then add the remaining vegetables.
Stir-fry the veggies until they begin to get just tender but you want them to remain quite crispy. Do not leave them unattended as they might burn over the high heat.
Add the rice and stir fry for a few seconds. Then add the tamari-vinegar-ginger sauce and stir together well.
Stir-fry for a couple minutes more. Add more tamari or vinegar if needed.
For other delicious rice recipes, check out my
Peas and Mushroom Biryani
, or my
Raisin and Nut Pilaf