Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes
Garlicky Orzo With Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pound orzo
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 8-10 garlic cloves , sliced thinly
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes , halved
- A couple of handfuls of fresh basil leaves , cut into strips or just torn by hand
- About half of an 8-oz package of vegan mozzarella cheese , cubed (add more if you like!)
- Salt to taste
Cook the orzo al dente according to package instructions and drain.
Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan.
Add the garlic slices and stir for about a minute until they are just very lightly brown. Do not burn them!
Add the black pepper and stir for a few seconds, then add the orzo. Stir it well to coat with the flavored oil.
Turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Salt to taste. Toss and serve immediately!
It's as simple as that.