Rainbow Veggie Stir Fry
This Rainbow Veggie Stir Fry has broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms and scallions, and it's all brought together with a delicious dumpling sauce. Serve on a bed of brown rice for a tasty, healthy, and memorable meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 cups sliced button or crimini mushrooms
- 3 cups (about 1 medium head) broccoli, separated into florets. I like to use the stems too-- peel before chopping.
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in a large dice
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 spring onions or scallions, green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
For dumpling sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (can use apple cider vinegar as a substitute)
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- Wonton strips (optional)
- 2 to 3 cups cooked brown rice
In a bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
Place a wok on the highest heat setting on your stove. Add sesame oil and heat until the oil is almost smoking.
Add the broccoli, stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the bell peppers. Stir fry for another minute or two, then add the mushrooms and the snow peas. Stir-fry for two or three more minutes or until the veggies are getting tender but still have a good bite to them.
Add the sauce and mix well. Turn off the heat.
To serve, put some brown rice in a plate or bowl and spoon the veggies and sauce over it. Garnish with the wonton strips and chopped green onions.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.5g | Protein: 7.3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 772mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 13.8g | Vitamin A: 2300IU | Vitamin C: 217.8mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.7mg