Creamy Vegan Orzo Risotto with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This creamy vegan Orzo Risotto with Brussels Sprouts is an easy and quick weeknight dinner recipe. Use my Best Vegan White Pasta Sauce as the base, toss some sliced Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan, and dinner's ready. Vegan, soy-free, easily made gluten-free.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound dry orzo pasta (you can substitute any smaller pasta, like farfalle or orecchiette)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced in a food processor or with a knife. Some of it will shred in the food processor which is fine, because those shredded bits toast up extra crispy.
- 1 recipe Best Vegan White Pasta Sauce (see recipe notes below for link)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil
Prepare the white pasta sauce and keep it warm while you cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
Place the sliced Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and toss with the oil, salt, and ground black pepper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until brown spots appear and they are tender enough to your liking.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the white sauce along with the nutritional yeast. Mix well and check if you need more salt and pepper. It will look like there's a lot of sauce, but don't worry, the pasta will absorb it.
Cover the pot, make sure the heat is off, and let the pasta stand in the sauce for about 10 minutes.
Open, stir once, and serve with the Brussels sprouts scattered over the pasta.