Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Naturally Sweetened
These Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies come together in the food processor, take no more than 15 minutes to make, and they're naturally sweetened, which makes them a pretty sweet deal. A gluten-free, vegan and soy-free recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Deglet Noor Dates, soaked for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil works too)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (can use dark chocolate chips, but the cookies will be slightly less sweet)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the drained dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed. If you don't have a food processor, use a blender to puree the dates and then proceed with mixing the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Add the two flours, vanilla, oil and baking soda to the food processor and mix until the dough comes together.
Remove the cookie dough to a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
Divide the dough into 12 balls and flatten them between your fingers before placing on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you want softer, chewier cookies, get them out of the oven after 8-10 minutes. For more crunchy, darker cookies, cook a couple of minutes longer.