Instant Pot Spaghetti with Marinara
My Instant Pot Spaghetti with Marinara goes from scratch to table in 25 minutes tops. I make the sauce "meaty" by adding some veggie crumbles. This is the kid friendliest recipe ever and it's nut-free and vegan, of course.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (if you want to make the pasta oil-free, use 2 tbsp of water or vegetable stock)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and thinly sliced
- 12 oz veggie meatless crumbles or soy crumbles or TVP (optional)
- 1 28-oz can San Marzano tomatoes. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and crush them with your fingers.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dry oregano or basil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz dry spaghetti
Place the olive oil (or water) in the inner lining of the Instant Pot and set to saute. Add the garlic and, if using oil, stir-fry the garlic until it starts to turn lightly blonde. If you're using water, saute until the water evaporates.
Add the veggie crumbles and saute for a minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, oregano or basil, and spaghetti. I like to break up the spaghetti into 3-inch pieces so it steeps in the liquid.
Add 2 1/2 cups of water, salt and pepper to taste. Click in the lid of the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook at high for 8 minutes.
Once the pressure cooking is done, wait 10 minutes, then let any remaining steam escape by turning the venting knob or steam release knob to the venting position. Open the lid and immediately, using a fork, stir the pasta and the sauce. This will keep the pasta strands from sticking together as they cool, so it's an important step.
Check seasoning and serve hot.
Calories: 282kcal | Protein: 18.1g | Fat: 5g | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 4.9g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 4.3mg