Vegan Hash Brown Waffles
These golden Vegan Hash Brown Waffles are crispy, savory and loaded with veggies, making them the perfect breakfast food. A gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 10 waffles
- 10 yellow or red potatoes, grated
- 1/2 cup aquafaba or chickpea brine
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (you can leave this out and just use more rice flour instead)
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut in a fine dice
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place the grated potatoes in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture from them as you can. You should have about four packed cups of potatoes.
Place the potatoes in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix well. The mixture won't look like a batter, but it will bind when you bake it in the waffle iron.
Heat the waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions. If you have an iron with temperature settings, set it to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
Add a heaping half cup of the waffle batter in the center of the waffle iron. Don't spread it around, just close the waffle iron and let the waffle cook. Once the waffle is cooked and golden brown, remove it to a plate and serve.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 48.6g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 1.1g | Potassium: 1117mg | Fiber: 6.1g | Sugar: 4.4g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.5mg