Vegan Cashew Parmesan
A four-ingredient vegan Cashew Parmesan that tastes so good, you might have a hard time keeping yourself from scarfing it down by the spoonful. Sprinkle over pastas, on salads, or anywhere you'd add a dash of salty, cheesy parm. Vegan, gluten-free and soy-free recipe.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews or cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (add less to begin with and add more if you like a greater kick to your parm)
- 1 tsp oregano (doesn't sound like it belongs in parm, I know, but it adds that extra something without screaming, I'm here!)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Frugal tip: You can sub half the cashews with a couple of slices of day-old bread. Run through the food processor with the other ingredients and season as needed with salt and pepper.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 4.1g | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 0.5g | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 6%