Speedy Pasta with Brussels Sprouts and Olives
Most pasta dishes can be made fast enough, but this Speedy Brussels Sprouts Pasta with Olives comes together in just about the time it takes you to boil the pasta water and cook the pasta to al dente perfection, so about 20 minutes? Plus it’s so flavorful and filling. A vegan, soy-free and nut-free recipe. Can be made with gluten-free pasta.
- 1 pound wholegrain pasta
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts (do the shredding in a food processor with the slicer blade, if possible. Much quicker than a knife.)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup kalamata olives (roughly chopped)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or wok. Add the garlic and, when it is lightly brown, add the red pepper flakes and brussels sprouts. Stir, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry for about 10 minutes or until the sprouts are tender but have a slight bite.
Add the pasta with 1/2 cup of the cooking water along with the olives. Mix well and turn off the heat. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest and serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 54.6gProtein: 11.3gFat: 5gPotassium: 669mgFiber: 10gSugar: 4.5gCalcium: 60mgIron: 4mg
Let us know! Or post a photo on Instagram and tag @HolyCowVegan