10-minute Stir-Fried Mushrooms
An easy recipe for stir-fried mushrooms that's ready in 15 minutes. From prep to finish, this recipe comes together fast and it pairs beautifully with almost any dish.
- 12 ounces of button mushrooms (use crimini if you'd rather). Quarter the mushrooms if large, or halve.
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 leaves sprig of curry about 10-12 leaves
- 1 large onion very thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green chili pepper like serrano deseeded and cut into long strips. If you like the heat, keep the seeds. I do.
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped (you can sub with another herb like mint or rosemary or sage)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil like coconut or avocado
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the mustard seeds and, when they crackle, add the coriander leaves, curry leaves, garlic, onions and green chili pepper. Toss for a couple of minutes until the onions soften slightly.
Add the mushrooms and stir-fry them over high heat for 7-8 minutes. The mushrooms will express some liquid -- let it evaporate. Do not cover the wok.
Turn off the heat and add salt to taste.