Roasted Delicata Squash with Tempeh
My roasted delicata squash with tempeh is seasoned with curry powder, cayenne, cumin and coriander, and baked until it's lightly golden-brown and delicious.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 inch large delicata squash sliced lengthwise and then sliced horizontally into ¼--thick slices.
- 1 large onion cut into half and then sliced into half moons
- 1 8- oz package of tempeh cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder (can use garam masala also great here)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary or coriander leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the squash, tempeh and onions in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, curry powder, coriander-cumin powder, cayenne, lemon juice and salt.
Drizzle over the squash, tempeh and onions and mix thoroughly to coat evenly with the spices.
Spread the squash mixture on two baking sheets, in an even layer. Try not to crowd or overlap the squash.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the squash is lightly golden and cooked through.
Remove and sprinkle on the coriander or rosemary leaves.