Vegan Pots de Creme
These Pots de Creme, little pots of vanilla and chocolate flavored cream, are the perfect Valentine's Day dessert. Make this gluten-free, soy-free version.
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for a couple of hours, then drained
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup of the thick part of the coconut milk from a can
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp espresso coffee powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and the coffee in a bowl and melt over a double boiler until very smooth.
In a blender, blitz the drained cashews with the almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla until very smooth.
Pour out half of the custard into a large measuring cup or bowl and mix the remaining half well with the melted chocolate.
Divide the chocolate mixture among four or six very small ramekins. Top off with the vanilla mixture.
Using the back of a spoon or a popsicle stick, stir until you get a swirly look.
Place the ramekins on a tray or on a flat surface and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Dust on some cocoa powder, if desired, before serving.