Vegan Garlicky Zucchini Quinoa Cakes
Vibrant, crispy, vegan Garlicky Zucchini Quinoa Cakes make a perfect brunch or snack. This recipe is low-fat, gluten-free and nut-free.
Servings: 24 cakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 medium zucchini (grated and placed in a bowl with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Squeeze out the zucchini after 15 minutes but reserve the water.)
- 2 scallions (very finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers (minced. Use less and deseed for less heat)
- 1 medium russet potato, boiled and peeled, then mashed or grated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. If the mixture is too dry to hold, add some of the water you squeezed out of the zucchini.
Form into small cakes. I like to make these rather small so they get really crispy.
Coat a large skillet or griddle with the oil.
When the oil's hot, add the cakes in a single layer, leaving at least an inch between each, and cook in batches, flipping over when each side is golden and crispy.
Serve hot by itself or with some chutney.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 31IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg