Vegan Pasta With Sausage and Greens
This Vegan Pasta with Sausage and Greens is a creamy, veggie-filled, high-protein pasta recipe with greens, tomatoes and mustard adding a unique combination of flavors. It comes together in minutes and is mindblowingly delicious.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound penne pasta (cook until al dente)
- 13 ounces vegan sausage (I used a package of Field Roast Mexican Chipotle, but you could use any vegan Italian sausage, crumbled or chopped fine)
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cups mixed greens (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- ½ cup almonds (soaked in 1 cup of water for at least 30 minutes then blended into a smooth paste. Use pumpkin seeds if nut-free)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the vegan sausage and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about five minutes.
Add the mushrooms and some salt. Cook until the mushrooms soften. Add the tomatoes and mixed greens and stir until the greens wilt.
Add the mustard, lemon juice, and zest and mix well. Add the pasta. Stir to mix everything well. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Add the almond paste and mix. Turn off the heat. Serve the pasta hot or at room temperature.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg