15-minute Shredded Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry
These 15-minute Shredded, Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts are made savory and delicious by a few simple spices, herbs, and a smidgen of chickpea flour. You will be back for seconds, and more.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, then sliced into thin ribbons with a knife or in a food processor
- 1/2 tsp any neutral vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour or besan
Heat the oil in a large saute pan or wok.
Add the mustard seeds. When they sputter, add the coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute over medium heat.
Add the turmeric and black pepper, stir to mix, and add the Brussels sprouts. Mix well. Season with salt.
Cover and cook five minutes over medium-high heat until the Brussels sprouts are tender but still al dente. Stir a couple of times during this time.
Now sift in the chickpea flour evenly over the sprouts. Mix it in and cover the pan again. On the lid, pour a couple of tablespoons of water (a lid with a rim that will hold the water works best for this).
Let the sprouts cook another five minutes. Open and give the sprouts a quick stir. Check if more salt is needed.