Dosa Spring Roll
Dosa Spring Roll is an Indo-Chinese fusion recipe, made of a crispy, crepe-like dosa stuffed with a spring roll filling. This is a gluten-free recipe.
Servings: 12 rolls
- ½ recipe brown rice dosa
- 2 medium carrots (cut into thin strips)
- 1 large bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- ¼ head cabbage (cut into strips)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (cut into long strips)
- 5 spring onions (scallions, chopped)
- 1-inch knob ginger (julienned)
- 1 cup dried azuki beans (use mung bean sprouts as an alternative, soaked overnight and sprouted if possible.)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (can use regular vinegar)
Make the filling
Heat the oil. Add the adzuki beans and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
Add the onions and ginger, stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the carrots, green peppers, mushrooms and cabbage.
Stir-fry everything on the highest heat setting for 2-4 minutes or until the vegetables are still crunchy but slightly tender.
Add the tamari, chili garlic sauce and rice vinegar and stir to mix.
Check the seasoning , add the spring onions, and add salt if needed.
Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
Make the dosa
Make six-inch dosas.
In each dosa, place a few tablespoons of the stuffing. Roll tight into a cylinder.
Cut in half and serve immediately.
Serving: 1dosa spring roll | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2220IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg