Stir-Fried Black Bean Noodles in an Orange Sauce
A vegan recipe for delicious and high-protein Stir-Fried Black Bean Noodles with carrots, mushrooms, onions and optional vegan sausage. Use gluten-free vegan sausage to make the recipe gluten-free.
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 oz black bean spaghetti noodles (use another kind of noodle or spaghetti if you'd rather or if you don't get this where you live) Break the noodles into 2-inch pieces and cook according to package directions. Breaking the noodles helps with mixing the noodles into the vegetables later.
- 3 carrots, cut into thick sticks
- 3 cups button mushrooms (or cremini mushrooms, sliced)
- 2 cups green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 vegan sausages (optional, cut into 1-cm rings or crumbled)
- 1-inch knob ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce or any hot sauce
- Salt to taste
Mix together the orange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.
In a wok, heat the oil. Add the onions, carrots and green beans and cook, stirring all the time, until the vegetables are slightly tender but still have a bite. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for a minute.
Add the ginger and garlic, stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the cooked noodles.
Stir-fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently with tongs or a ladle. Add the orange-soy sauce mixture and sausage, if using. Mix well, turn off he heat, and serve hot.
Calories: 295kcal | Protein: 33.7g | Fiber: 14.2g