Vegan Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancakes
Vegan Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancakes made with healthy, wholegrain flours and without any gums and starches
Servings: 3 servings (4 pancakes each)
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup oat flour (oat flour is sometimes contaminated with gluten while processing, so be sure to buy one that is labeled gluten-free)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (or any nondairy milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flax meal (whisked with 9 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
In a large bowl, mix the flours with the baking powder and soda and salt using a wisk.
Add the almond milk, vinegar, flaxmeal mixture and vanilla.
Mix well. Don't worry about overmixing, because gluten-free flours do not toughen up the way wheat does when mixed.
Heat a griddle and spray with a little oil. Pour about ¼ cup of batter on the griddle and let the pancake cook until bubbles appear around the sides and center, then flip and cook until the underside turns golden.
Serving: 4pancakes | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 3mg