Roasted Vegetables with Fennel Vinaigrette
Toss fennel bulbs, potatoes and carrots in a fresh, tangy fennel vinaigrette for a delicious side dish to serve with practically any main dish.
- 2 bulbs fennel (Cut off the leaves and stems and peel the tough outer layers of the bulbs. Chop the bulbs roughly into a 1-inch dice.)
- 2 large potatoes (cut into a 1-inch dice)
- 2 carrots (cut into a 1-inch dice)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to spray
For the vinaigrette
- Tender stalks and leaves of the fennel , chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place the vegetables on a baking sheet sprayed with oil and toss with the salt and black pepper. Spray some more oil over the top of the vegetables.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and lightly golden-brown.
Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and blitz until everything's blended pretty fine.
Pour over the roasted vegetables, toss to mix, and serve immediately.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5101IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg