Sprouted Moong Chilla
Servings: 15 dosas
- 1 cup whole moong beans (sprouted per directions above)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour (optional, but makes the chillas extra-crispy. Use regular white rice flour if you can't find brown)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated using the side with the largest-size slots on your grater-- you don't want this to be too fine)
- Cooking oil spray
Place the mung beans in the blender along with the ginger, garlic, chillies and salt and blend until smooth, using just enough water to get a slightly-runnier-than-pancake-batter consistency. Add the flours and veggies and cilantro and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes and mix again.
Heat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until water sprinkled on the surface skitters off and dries up immediately.
Spray on a thin coating of the oil and then place ½ cup of the batter in the center using a ladle with a rounded bottom. Use the bottom of the ladle to spread the batter into as thin a round as possible. This doesn't have to be crepe-like, but if you ladle it on too thick the inside might not cook through.
When the top looks dry and the edges turn brown, flip over and cook until golden-brown.
Serving: 1chilla | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 822IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg