Vegan Spaghetti With Brussels Sprouts
A minimalist but delicious recipe for Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts. This is healthy, nutritious, and you can adapt it to your nutritional preferences by making it with wholegrain or gluten-free pasta. Also soy-free and nut-free.
- 16 oz spaghetti (or any pasta)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (smashed and then thinly sliced)
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts (trim hard ends, cut in half, then slice thinly)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (use less or more per your taste)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely chopped, for garnish)
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and garlic with a dash of salt and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about five minutes or until the sprouts are tender.
Stir in the oregano and red pepper flakes.
Add the drained pasta to the vegetables. Mix well and season with more salt if needed and ground black pepper to taste.
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 10gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPotassium: 392mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 582IUVitamin C: 51mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Let us know! Or post a photo on Instagram and tag @HolyCowVegan