Golden Roasted Plantains
Easy recipe for roasted plantains with adobo seasoning and paprika.
- 2 large plantains (peeled and cut crosswise about 2 mm thick. To peel the plantains, I cut them in half, then make an incision with the tip of my knife all the way down the length of each half. Just pull back the skin along the length of the incision and it should just roll right off.)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (use less or more per your preference)
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped, optional, for garnish)
- Salt to taste
Place the plantain pieces in a baking dish, then add the remaining ingredients and toss together.
Arrange the pieces on the baking sheet in a single layer
Bake 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven, flipping the pieces over halfway through the baking to get a nice, golden crunch on each side.
Garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1249IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg