Chick'n Lentil Curry
A delicious and easy curry that combines vegan chicken strips or seitan with lentils and spices. Perfect with rice or roti for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup pink lentils (masoor dal, cooked on the stove or in a pressure cooker until tender)
- 16 oz seitan (chopped into chunks, or use chick'n strips)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms (chopped. You can use other kinds of mushrooms, make sure you chop them in bite-size pieces)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cayenne (or paprika)
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Heat oil. Add the onions and brown until they turn translucent.
Add the chick'n strips or seitan. Stir fry until they start to brown.
Add the mushrooms, stir well.
Add the powdered spices and ginger and garlic and stir-fry about a minute.
Add the cooked lentils with any cooking liquid. You want a fairly loose but not watery gravy. Add water if needed. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 164IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4mg