Easy Pepper-Mushroom Stir-Fry
A spicy, peppery mushroom stir fry
- 2 bell peppers (I am partial to green but this time I used red and orange because I had them on hand), thinly sliced and, if long, cut across once. You want slices around 2 inches in length.
- 1 medium onion , halved and cut into fairly thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms (button or cremini are fine), halved or quartered if large
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (chopped)
Heat the oil, preferably in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet.
Add the onions, stir-fry for a minute, then add the remaining vegetables.
Sprinkle the garlic powder and adobo seasoning.
Stir-fry the veggies until the peppers get fairly tender but still have a strong bite. I like to let the veggies char a bit because it adds great flavor.
Season with pepper and check if more salt is needed.
Top with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
These would be great either as a side dish or served inside a wrap with felafel or baked tofu.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1930IU | Vitamin C: 79.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.6mg