Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These cute little Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with vegan Cream Cheese Frosting are light, moist and fluffy. They are studded with raisins and nuts and deliciously spiced with fresh ginger and cinnamon.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
For the carrot cupcakes:
- 1 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour, or a mix)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated. Or use ½ teaspoon dry ginger)
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cup nondairy milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup carrots (finely grated)
- ½ cup walnuts (lightly roasted then chopped)
- ½ cup raisins
For the vegan cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Make the carrot cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add the sugar, vegetable oil, nondairy milk, vinegar, carrots, ginger, walnuts and raisins and mix until everything is just incorporated.
Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with liners. Divide the batter equally among them.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Cool thoroughly on a rack before frosting.
Make the vegan cream cheese frosting
Using a hand mixer or a whisk, beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and confectioner's sugar until smooth and creamy.
Frost the cakes. You can sprinkle on some chopped walnuts over the frosting or serve just as.
Serving: 1frosted cupcake | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 2459IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg