Vegan Mushroom Soba Noodles
Spicy, delicious soba noodles stir-fried with mushrooms in a simple sauce
- 1 lb soba noodles (cooked in boiling water until al dente and drained)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 10-12 crimini mushrooms (sliced, can substitute with button mushrooms)
- 1 small Japanese eggplant (cut into thin slices)
- 2 tablespoon green chili sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar (add more or less per your taste)
- 3 tablespoon tamari (again, adjust quantity to your taste)
Heat the oil in a wok until it is smoking hot.
Add the onions and stir for a moment, then add the eggplant and stir around for another couple of minutes.
Add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, until they soften and the eggplant is quite tender.
Add the ginger and garlic and stir for a few seconds.
Add the noodles, green chili sauce and rice wine vinegar. Fry, stirring constantly and not allowing the noodles to stick to the bottom. It is important that the noodles be al dente when you start and not too mushy or else you'll get a noodle paste in your wok.
Drizzle with the tamari and serve hot.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg