Vegan Pasta with Dill Artichoke Pesto
A vibrant pasta with a pesto made of dill and artichokes is the perfect and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner.
- 16 oz pasta any small shape like fusilli, cooked according to package instructions (if desired, add about 1 cup of green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces, to the pasta water five minutes before the pasta is fully cooked)
- 4-5 artichoke hearts (I used canned but you can go with frozen if that's what you have on hand)½ cup chopped dill
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup walnuts
- 8 oz silken tofu
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz vegan meatballs (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley , chopped + 1 tablespoon dill, chopped, for garnish
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red or green bell peppers
Put the dill, artichoke, garlic, red pepper flakes, walnuts, tofu and salt in a food processor and with the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and add the bell peppers, chopped in a one-inch dice. Cook about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until it begins to just get tender and brown spots appear on the skin.
If using "meatballs," add them to the skillet along with the bell peppers.
Finally, drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of the pasta water, the cooked peppers, meatballs and pesto to the bowl and mix thoroughly but carefully. Garnish with chopped parsley and dill. Serve.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg