Vegan Pumpkin Praline Tart, gluten-free and with no added fats
A divine vegan Pumpkin Praline Tart with a cookie-like almond flour crust and a pecan praline topping that's out of this world. This recipe has no added fats, and it's gluten-free and soy-free.
Servings: 12 servings
For the almond cookie crust:
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
For the pumpkin filling:
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or canned) If using kabocha squash, bake the whole gourd for 20 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. Remove seeds, cut into 16 wedges lengthwise, and spread on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil, skin side down. Bake 45 more minutes or until tender enough for a fork to go through. Separate the skin from the flesh, and puree the flesh.
- ½ cup maple syrup (can sub unrefined sugar like turbinado)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the praline topping:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Make the almond cookie crust:
Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor and add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together.
Dump the almond cookie dough into an 8-inch tart pan and press down with the heel of your hand to form an even layer. Press the dough up the sides of the pan with your fingers until the entire pan is covered. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with the tines of a fork and refrigerate until you make the filling.
Make the praline:
Place all ingredients for the praline in the food processor and process until the nuts are chopped into fairly small pieces. You can stop earlier, if you prefer larger pieces of pecans.
Spread the praline evenly over the top of the filling.
Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet and bake 40 minutes or until the top feels firm.
Remove and let cool thoroughly. Chill for an hour before serving.
Calories: 146kcal | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 4.3g | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 14.4g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.9mg