Vegan Garlic Pasta with Broccoli Rabe
The slight and even addictive bitterness of broccoli rabe combined with garlic and parsley makes this five-ingredient pasta an absolute winner in my book.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16-oz package of spaghetti or any other pasta
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- 6 large cloves garlic, smashed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook for two minutes. Remove the broccoli rabe to a chopping board, chop, and set aside. Cook the pasta in the same water according to package directions until al dente.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and saute until it starts to turn light gold.
Add the red pepper flakes, the broccoli rabe, and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
Add the pasta with a cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the parsley, stir well to mix, check seasoning, and turn off the heat.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Squeeze on a dash of lemon juice for more flavor.
- Stir in a handful of capers. This works really well for my nine-year-old and gets him to eat the pasta double quick. ;)
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.3g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 3.6g | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 7.6g | Sugar: 2.4g | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 6.5mg