Garlicky Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes
If golden, garlicky spuds are your idea of a heavenly side dish, you'll be grooving on these Garlicky Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes. The potatoes are crunchy on the outside and melt in your mouth, and the asparagus roasts up all juicy and crispy and perfectly al dente. A vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, nut-free recipe that takes just minutes to put together.
Servings: 4 servings
- 15 to 20 new potatoes, halved (if the potatoes are really tiny, use more and leave them whole)
- 1 medium bunch (about 15 spears) asparagus
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and then thinly sliced (crushing first helps the flavor spread around better!)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp rosemary (finely chopped. Sub with sage, or, if using dry herbs, use 2 tsp)
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red pepper flakes, herbs, black pepper, salt and garlic. Set aside while you prep the veggies.
Toss the potatoes in half the herb-garlic mixture (you can do this in a bowl or by placing the potatoes and the herb-garlic mixture in a plastic bag and shaking it until the herbs have coated the potatoes). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
Toss the asparagus in the remaining herb-garlic mixture, in the same bowl or plastic bag you used for the potatoes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss in the asparagus and give the potatoes a stir with the spatula. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until asparagus is lightly golden-brown.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Calories: 251kcal | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4.2g | Potassium: 1344mg | Fiber: 9.4g | Sugar: 4.9g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg