Biryani Masala Spice Mix
A homemade biryani masala spice mix takes minutes to make, and rewards you with amazing flavor.
Servings: 3 uses (approx)
- ¼ cup coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp shah jeera (black cumin seeds)
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 1 tsp dagad phool (also called stone flower)
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 1 tsp mace
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 7 pods green cardamom
- 2 pods black cardamom
- 2 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tbsp fried onion (use the kind you get from the store, like French's, or at the Indian store. Onions fried at home would contain too much oil which could go rancid over time)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dry pomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 4 dry plums (chopped into smaller pieces)
Place all the ingredients except the plums in a spice grinder or a blender. Process into an even but coarse powder.
Mix in the plums and store in an airtight jar, in the refrigerator or in a cool, dark place in your pantry or kitchen.
Serving: 2heaping tbsp (approx) | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 7g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 5.7mg