Pasta with Snow Peas and New Potatoes
A delicate, delightful spring pasta with juicy snow peas and delicious new potatoes makes the perfect dinner.
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (any other similar-sized pasta or gluten-free pasta is fine)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic (crushed, then minced)
- 1 pound snow peas (or snap peas or a combination of both)
- 1 pound baby potatoes (boiled and diced)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
Bring a large, salted pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta per package directions until al dente.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and saute until it turns lightly blonde, just a few seconds. Then add in the snap peas along with the red pepper flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Saute a couple of minutes until the snap peas are a little tender. You don't them to lose that juicy crunch so don't overcook them.
Stir in the potatoes, lemon zest and juice and then add the cooked and drained pasta with 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Mix well. Check salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley and the optional add-ins, if using. Sprinkle on the cashew parmesan.
Serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Calories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 10gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 13mgPotassium: 328mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1285IUVitamin C: 59mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 2.6mg
Let us know! Or post a photo on Instagram and tag @HolyCowVegan