Vegan White Pesto
A vegan white pesto sauce that's delicious, really easy to make, creamy, nutty, and packs a punch with flecks of pungent, leafy oregano. It's even kid-friendly and it's gluten-free and soy-free.
- 1/2 cup walnuts (lightly toasted and finely chopped)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (grated or finely crushed. I like garlic, but you can cut this down to one clove because it can be a strong flavor as we are using raw garlic)
- 1 tbsp oregano (finely chopped. Or use 1 tsp dry)
- 1 cup pasta cooking water
- 1/4 cup vegan cashew parmesan (for serving)
Place all of the ricotta ingredients in a blender or food processor with 1/4 cup water and process into a smooth paste. If you need more water, add just a teaspoon at a time to keep the blades moving.
Turn out the ricotta in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients along with a cup of the water you cooked your pasta in. Stir vigorously to combine everything, then stir in the pasta and mix well.
Serve topped with cashew parmesan.
Calories: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 8gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 224mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 21IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 43mgIron: 2mg
Let us know! Or post a photo on Instagram and tag @HolyCowVegan