Vegan Lentil and Quinoa Steak
Cook up this Vegan Lentil and Quinoa Steak, and then smother it in a savory mushroom sauce. A healthy, protein-packed, gluten-free, soy-free recipe.
Servings: 6 steaks
- 1 ¼ cup brown or green lentils (already cooked or canned. Drain thoroughly and mash lightly)
- 1 cup quinoa (already cooked)
- 3 medium potatoes (about 300 grams, boiled and mashed thoroughly)
- 3 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage (or use thyme or oregano)
- 2 tablespoon tamari (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 recipe mushroom gravy (follow link to the recipe)
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. The mixture should easily hold together when you ball up a piece in your fist.
Form six round steaks, patting the sides and the top to shape them evenly.
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the steaks, giving at least an inch of space between each. Cook 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until the underside is golden brown. Flip over and cook the other side until well done.
Serve hot with mushroom gravy. You can heat up leftovers on a skillet.
- Nutrition info does not include mushroom gravy, which is approx 47 cals per serving.
Serving: 1steak | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4mg