Vegan Lemon Pasta with Basil
Nothing says summer like this sunny and bright vegan Lemon Pasta with the sweetness of basil woven through. The sauce is super easy and comes together in five minutes with no cooking needed.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound spaghetti (or any long pasta)
- ½ cup lemon juice (about 2-3 large lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup vegan cashew parmesan
- ½ cup vegan mayo (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup basil leaves (torn)
Bring a large stockpot with water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, parm, mayo if using, salt and ground black pepper to taste in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce along with ½ cup of the pasta cooking water and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce. Check seasoning and add more salt if needed. Stir in the basil.
Serve the pasta with more vegan cashew parm on the side.
- Nutrition info includes vegan mayo.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg