Detox Ginger Turmeric Tea
You won't be able to stop sipping on this vibrant, cozy and homemade ginger turmeric tea. It has good-for-you anti-inflammatory and cleansing ingredients like cinnamon, cardamom and green tea and it's SO delicious!.
- 4 cups water (preferably filtered)
- 2 tsp fresh turmeric root (grated. If using ground turmeric, use ½ to 1 tsp. Start out with less and add more if the bitterness doesn't bother you).
- 2 tsp ginger root (grated. If using powdered ginger, which can be very strong, use no more than ¼ to ½ tsp).
- 2 inches cinnamon bark
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4-5 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (use more or less, per your taste)
- 2 lemons (or limes, sliced)
Place the cinnamon, cardamom and peppercorns in a mortar and pestle and crush coarsely until the cinnamon is broken into smaller bits (but not powdered) and the cardamom pods have split with the black seeds inside exposed and slightly crushed.
Place the crushed spices in a saucepan along with the water, turmeric and ginger. Bring to a boil, stir in the maple syrup or sugar, and turn off. Cover and let the spices and herbs steep in the water five minutes. If using stevia, just add it to the cup.
Strain the tea into cups. Pop a green tea bag and throw a couple of slices of lime or lemon into each cup.
Drink hot. Or chill and serve over ice.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg