Vegan Potato Salad
A classic style vegan potato salad that's full of flavor and freshness. There are no eggs here, of course, but you'll never miss them.
- 2 pounds potatoes (I used baby potatoes but regular potatoes work just as well. Dice the potatoes in ¾th inch cubes. In case of baby potatoes halve or quarter them.)
- ¾ cup vegan mayo
- 2 ribs celery (finely chopped)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 2 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 2 dill pickles (minced)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice. Use more if you want a tangier salad)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place the potatoes in a saucepan covered by an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer, cover the potatoes, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a fork goes cleanly through. Don't overcook them to the point where they start to fall apart.
As soon as the potatoes are done, strain the water out, then wash the potatoes under cold, running water to cool them and stop them from cooking further. Place in a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
Toss all of the ingredients together and serve.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg