Vegan Sheet Pan Pancakes
Everyone can have piping hot pancakes at the same time when you make and serve these healthy, oven-baked vegan sheet pan pancakes for breakfast. They are fluffy, tender and whole wheat and everyone gets the topping they love!
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
In a smaller bowl or measuring cup mix the milk with the apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Add the vegetable oil and maple syrup, if using.
Add the wet ingredient mix to the flour and combine with a whisk or spatula until just mixed. Don't overmix pancake batter to keep gluten from forming. Some lumps are fine, but there shouldn't be any streaks of dry ingredients.
Stir in the chia seeds.
Oil the sheet pan and pour in the batter. Add the toppings of your choice, if you wish, or you can just bake the pancake as is.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and immediately turn down the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Nutrition info doesn't include the additional fruit toppings.
- Stir some cinnamon or pumpkin spice blend into the pancake batter to add even more flavor.
- To make these pancakes gluten-free, substitute the flour with gluten-free all purpose flour.
- To make the pancakes oil-free, use applesauce instead of oil. You can line the bottom of the baking sheet with parchment paper to ensure they don't stick.
- Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup or a dollop of vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream for an extra-special, kid friendly treat.
Serving: 4pancakes (approx) | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 3mg