Garlic and Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Lemon, Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes: an easy, golden brown, tangy, crispy and incredibly delicious side that goes with just about anything.
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes cut in half lengthwise, use baby potatoes if you can't find the fingerlings
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs like sage rosemary and thyme, finely minced
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed through a garlic press or very finely minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of the same fresh herbs for garnish finely minced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
In a small bowl, mix the herbs, garlic, pepper, lime juice, oil and salt. Set aside for 15-30 minutes.
Place the fingerling potatoes in a bowl and toss with the herb--garlic-oil mixture, coating the potatoes evenly,
Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. I used a 12-inch cast iron skillet so I could take the potatoes from the oven to the table for easy but pretty presentation.
Roast the potatoes for 30-35 minutes or until the cut sides are golden-brown and the potatoes are tender. About halfway through baking, stir the potatoes once with a ladle.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle on the herbs and the lime zest, and serve hot.