Vegan Cucumber Raita
A fresh, authentic, green vegan Cucumber Raita made with vegan yogurt and soy-free. This is the perfect accompaniment for spicy Indian dishes like biryanis and parathas.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 large cucumber (grated. Use an English cucumber preferably)
- ½ red onion (minced, optional)
- Juice of 1 lime if you like your raita very tangy)
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked with ¾th cup of water for at least 30 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chili pepper (like jalapeno or serrano. Remove the seeds for less heat).
- ½ teaspoon ginger grated
- Salt to taste
Blend the cashews with the soaking water, cumin, green chili pepper, ginger, salt, and lime juice until you have a very smooth paste. This by itself makes a great dressing for any salad.
Remove the cashew paste to a bowl and mix with the grated cucumber and onion, if using. Sprinkle on some cayenne, if you wish.
Serve on the side with any spicy Indian dish like a biryani or a curry or a paratha.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.9mg