Vegan Thai Green Curry Paste
An aromatic curry paste to make delicious Thai dishes in a hurry
Servings: 3 uses (approx)
- ¼ cup coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1-inch piece ginger (sliced)
- ¾ cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 12 green chili peppers (like serrano. Jalapeno is fine too)
- 3 stalks lemon grass (chop and use lower bulbous part only -- discard the woody tops)
- 4 large shallots (sliced)
- 10 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
In a small skillet, roast the cumin, coriander, fennel and peppercorns until lightly fragrant, about five minutes.
Place the dry spices in a blender or food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process into a smooth paste.
Store the paste or any unused portion in an airtight jar in the freezer.
Serving: 1use (to serve approx 6-8 people) | Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 39g | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 16.8mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 4.8mg