Vegan Corn Fritters, Fat-Free
This recipe for gluten-free vegan corn fritters, with the freshness of leeks, garlic greens, and coriander leaves, will leave your mouth watering for more. And best of all, they are fat free.
Servings: 24 fritters
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leek greens (can substitute shallots or spring onions)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic greens (use 2 tsp of minced garlic if you don't have these)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup stone-ground corn meal
- 1/2 cup water (be prepared to add more or less)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet and spray evenly with a fat-free vegetable oil spray. Alternately, brush the surface lightly with a thin coating of oil.
Mix all the ingredients, adding the water slowly, until you have a batter that's fluid but firm enough that you can scoop it up with your fingertips and drop into a skillet.
Drop enough fritters into the pan so you have fritters that are thin, almost pancakey, because you want them to cook through. Cook on medium heat until the bottom turns a rich golden-brown.
Flip over and cook the other side until golden.
Serve hot with a chutney or ketchup.
Serving: 4fritters | Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Protein: 3g | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2mg