Creamy Vegan Peas Potato Curry
A delicious and creamy vegan peas potato curry that comes together in minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 15-20 cashews (soaked in water for about 15 minutes, then drained) You can skip the cashews to make this nut-free.
- 3 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen or fresh are fine)
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- ½ tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 basil leaves or 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
Heat oil in a saucepan.
Add the cashews and potatoes and stir fry until golden
Add the peas and stir. Add a few tablespoons of water, cover the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender. If the potatoes start to stick, add a little more water.
Once the veggies are cooked, add the tomato puree and powdered spices.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
Add the coconut milk and salt to taste. Add vegetable stock or water if you want to thin out the curry.
Turn off the heat before the coconut milk comes to a boil. Garnish with basil or cilantro, if using, and serve hot.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 5.8mg