Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
This dish of garlicky Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts needs just five ingredients and 15 minutes in the air fryer to achieve golden, roasted perfection.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (weighed after trimming stems and outer leaves).
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano (or rosemary. See notes for more herb options. Chop herbs finely)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Soak herbs in oil: Add the chopped herbs, garlic powder and olive oil to a large bowl. Mix and let it stand for a few minutes. I do this before I start cutting the sprouts, which gives the herbs about five minutes to steep in the oil.
Chop Brussels sprouts: Chop the sprouts into evenly sized pieces. Halve if small and quarter if large.
Season the sprouts: Place the chopped Brussels sprouts in the bowl with the oil and herbs. Add salt, pepper and the olive oil with garlic and herbs. Toss so all the sprouts are evenly coated with the seasonings.
Air fry Brussels sprouts: Preheat the air fryer at 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius for three minutes. Add the seasoned sprouts to the air fryer basket and air fry for five minutes. Toss the sprouts and air fry for five more minutes. Toss again and air fry five more minutes. Altogether you will air-fry the Brussels sprouts for 15 minutes. This gives the perfect texture--crispy on the outside and al-dente tender on the inside. If you like the sprouts more tender, air fry for 2-3 minutes more. Drizzle with lemon juice, if using, and serve.
- To air-fry frozen sprouts, place them (without thawing) in a preheated 375 degrees F/190 degrees C air fryer. Don't season yet. Air fry the sprouts for 10 minutes, tossing them halfway through. If you need to cut the sprouts, do so when they are cool enough to handle. Place the sprouts in a bowl, add the seasonings, and air fry for 10-15 minutes more, tossing the sprouts at regular intervals.
You can make this recipe up to two days ahead and refrigerate the air fried Brussels sprouts. Warm in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 3-5 minutes before serving.
This recipe makes the sprouts perfectly crispy on the outside. But if you like the sprouts even crispier, cut them in smaller pieces. You can also air fry them longer, but once they have browned keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Refrigerate: The Brussels sprouts can be refrigerated for up to three days.
- Freeze. Freeze the air fried Brussels sprouts for up to three months in a freezer safe container.
- Reheat: Reheat the sprouts in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 3-5 minutes until warmed through and crispy again.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 874IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg